It’s that time of year again…the time when I set goals for myself that will inevitably lead to failure! I’m ready.
Now, I don’t like to let goals take over my life and stress over achieving them so my goals for this year will be a little vaguer and more easily achievable (hopefully) especially after the train wreck that was 2016. Ideally, when I look back on 2017 in December I can be proud of some of the things I’ve completed.
Let’s begin! I’ll break this down into a couple of categories.
2016 Reading Goals
- Read 12 books: This is a part of my Goodreads challenge. I failed abysmally last year at 50 books so this year I reducing it right down to something more achievable, particularly with the difficult school year approaching.
- Step out of comfort zone a bit more: What did I tell you? Vague. This will most likely include genres such as non-fiction, adult, classics etc.
- Finish series that I’ve started: I have a terrible habit of not continuing series I really enjoy and then finally completing them 2 years later when everyone’s finished obsessing over them and I’m fangirling by myself…not fun.
2016 Blogging Goals
- Post at least twice a month: I disappeared from the blogosphere for over three months in total last year…we don’t want a repeat of that. Sticking to two posts will make me come back and check in on you guys ocassianally (at the very minimum of course!)
- Schedule more efficiently: God, I say this every year. I never schedule posts and I really need to get into the habit if I’m going to have a successful and organised blogging year in 2017.
- Review more books I read: This one is self-explanatory. Reviewing books may sometimes feel like a chore but I often find myself forgetting what I thought about books and then I don’t have a review to remind me. It’s frustrating!
- Broaden my blogging horizons: Vague again but I’m thinking that I can sometimes post about things that don’t have to do with books. Things like fashion?..I’ll think a little more about this one.
2016 Personal Goals
- Achieve end of schooling results that will make me proud: It’s my final year at school and I want the results that I receive at the end to reflect my hard work and make me feel accomplished, but I won’t set anything specific.
- Improve my French: I want to start watching more French films and listening to French songs so that I can get better at the language. I do it at school and want a good result in my exam at the end of the year.
- Maybe start driving?..: I didn’t achieve this one last year but if I want to get around I will have to learn how to drive and conquer my fear.
- Get more fit: I’ve considered this for a while and sometimes I’m not completely happy with my body type when I look in the mirror. I hope I can make positive changes to improve myself.
- Be more confident: Stand up for myself, take more opportunities, socialise with people more. That type of thing.
So those are the very vague things I hope to either do more of or start doing in 2017. I can’t wait to check back in with you guys in December and look back on these goals to see how I did.
Wishing you a happy new year and the very best in 2017!!
Tell me what your goals are for 2017. Do you do new year’s resolutions? Let me know!
Thank you so much for reading and I’ll talk to you in my next post!