It’s that time of the year again! The time on my blog where I discuss with you what I hope to achieve in the year 2016.
Now, I’m not usually one for huge goals that can take over my life. I like to outline some small, basic things that I would like to achieve, hopefully so that when I look back on the year next December I can see what I’ve done. I’m always trying to take life one step further each time I achieve a goal from the year before.
Let’s begin! I’ll break this down into a couple of categories. I really like the way Josie @Josie’s Book Corner did her goals post so I’m sort of copying her format here. Hope that’s ok, Josie! Make sure to check out her post here if you haven’t.
2016 Reading Goals
- Read 60 books: As a part of the Goodreads challenge I like to push my reading (not force). In 2015 my goal was 70 books and I surpassed that, however this upcoming school year is going to be more intense so I decided to take it a step down but still ensure that I read as much as I know I can. So I’m going for 60.
- Participate in more read-a-thons: Vague, I know! By this I guess I just want to participate in more read-a-thons than I did last year. So…three or more. I really enjoy them and they challenge me so bring it on!
- Read more broadly: Whether that’s classics, horror, sci-fi or adult fiction, I really want to see what’s out there.
2016 Blogging Goals
- Create a schedule/be more consistent: My blogging this year has been all over the place. I’ve posted anywhere between four and ten times in a month. I need to create a workable, consistent schedule especially due to my increasing school pressure.
- Review more books: Does anyone get that thing where if they didn’t enjoy a book too much they can’t be bothered to review that book? Well, I do. I hope to not only review more books but review books no matter the rating I give them.
- Become more creative: I hope to broaden the personality of my blog. Do more discussion posts, come up with my own personal post ideas, join a weekly feature or other group. That sort of thing.
2016 Personal Goals
- Write more!: And don’t give up on the stories you start.
- Start driving: I need to conquer my fear here and start learning how to drive. It’ll open up a new world of freedom for me.
- Get a job: I need to conquer my fear here too. And then I can buy so many more books 🙂
So those are the very simple things I hope to either do more of or start doing in 2016. We’ll look back at the end of the year to see how I did.
I hope you all have amazing new year’s celebrations and I’ll see you next year! I have a good feeling about 2016, let’s see what it has in store for us!
Tell me what your goals are for 2016. Do you do new year’s resolutions? Let me know!
Thanks for reading and I’ll talk to you in my next post!